Nothing can replace your vigilance in monitoring your own accounts through your bank statements and/or online banking. Those are clearly the best ways to protect yourself and detect unauthorized activity (i.e., stolen checks, unauthorized withdrawals, unauthorized card activity, etc.) on your FirstBank accounts. Reporting any suspicious or unauthorized activity on your accounts in a timely manner to a FirstBank branch is critical in protecting your business and personal banking accounts.
However, nothing is more important to FirstBank than you – our customer. We take your security very seriously and some of the safeguards we’ve undertaken to help protect you are:
Online Banking Protections:
- User ID & Password – are required to validate / confirm your identity. FirstBank customers should never share their login credentials with anyone and should never provide this sensitive information to anyone over the phone or through an email request. FirstBank will never place unsolicited calls or send unsolicited emails asking you to provide your login credentials. Do not save your login credentials in your browser or elsewhere.
- Challenge Questions – are asked to help validate / confirm your identity as necessary before access is granted.
- Timeout Feature – your online session will end automatically after an extended period of inactivity. The best advice is to always sign-off and close the browser when your online session is complete.
- Firewall Protection – is in place to help protect your online information.
- Encryption – 128 bit encryption is used help protect and scramble the content of your online session.
- Your Account Activity Monitoring – provides you with the control to continually monitor all activity on your business and personal banking accounts for any unauthorized transactions.
Debit Card Protections:
- Fraud Monitoring – monitors your card account for suspicious activity.
- Card Security Help Line –Visit or call your FirstBank branch immediately. You may also call (800) 413-4211 during normal business hours. You may also report your debit card lost or stolen 24 hours a day by calling (866) 342-5178 select option 5 or (800) 528-2273.
- Card Security Code (CVV – “Card Verification Value” number) – is a three digit security code that is on the back of your FirstBank debit card that helps merchants ensure that you are in possession of your card when making online purchases.
- PIN Protection – is a personal information number used to help protect you when making ATM withdrawals or conducting point-of-sale transactions. You should always avoid PIN numbers that are easy to identify (avoid dates of birth, phone numbers, etc.). You should never give your PIN to anyone and never write your PIN on your card or leave it in your purse or wallet.
Rights, Responsibilities and Liability:
The section titled “Your Rights and Responsibilities” in the Electronic Funds Transfer agreement of your account disclosure statement describes your rights, responsibilities and liabilities applicable under banking law with respect to your check card, online banking and electronic funds transactions. Please read this section carefully.
Branch Services / Protections:
FirstBank branches can assist you with filing a fraud claim and/or in providing guidance to help protect you if you suspect that your Tennessee bank account information has potentially been compromised.
Business / Commercial Account Protections:
FirstBank recommends that all business / commercial customers periodically perform a risk assessment and controls evaluation on their own information systems and accounting practices. Additional safeguards for business clients can be found in the “Security Center” on www.firstbankonline.com.
- Positive Pay – FirstBank Positive Pay Services help detect check fraud by matching checks presented for payment against the company issued check file (checks written).
- ACH Block and/or Fraud Filter Protection – Blocks ALL ACH debit transactions or allows our business customers to select companies they authorize to debit their account.
Additional Customer Protection Resources located on FirstBankOnline.com:
Additional safeguards pertaining to risk control mechanisms, information security, customer protection, and fraud prevention measures can be located in the “Security Center” on FirstBank’s website at www.firstbankonline.com.
FirstBank Contact Numbers:
If you need immediate assistance regarding a concern or for questions, please visit or call your FirstBank branch immediately during regular business hours. You may also call (800) 413-4211 to speak to someone directly from 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday (Central Time).