Nashville-based FirstBank, a wholly owned subsidiary of FB Financial Corporation, is the third largest Tennessee-headquartered bank, with 46 full-service bank branches across Tennessee, North Alabama and North Georgia, and mortgage locations across the Southeast. The bank serves every major metropolitan market in Tennessee and, with $2.9 billion in total assets, has the resources to provide a comprehensive variety of financial services and products.
FirstBank follows a community-banking model which began in 1906 when the charter was issued for Farmers State Bank, in Scotts Hill, Tenn. As one of Tennessee’s leading community banks, FirstBank is committed to its role as a leader in the communities it serves. That commitment is reflected by the Ayers Foundation Scholars program, a scholarship fund established by FirstBank Chairman and sole shareholder James W. Ayers to advance higher education for young people in Tennessee.
FirstBank Fact Sheet
- FirstBank is the largest independently owned Tennessee bank, with locations in all major markets across the state, from Memphis to Nashville, to Knoxville and Chattanooga, and in communities in between.
- FirstBank has 57 locations across the Southeast.That includes financial centers in Camden, Chattanooga, Cleveland, Crossville, Dayton, Dickson, Fairview, Fayetteville, Franklin, Goodlettsville, Hollow Rock-Bruceton, Huntingdon, Jackson, Knoxville, Lexington, Linden, Memphis, Mt. Juliet, Murfreesboro, Nashville, Northwest Georgia, Paris, Parsons, Scotts Hill, Shelbyville, Smithville, Smyrna, Brentwood, Waverly, Woodbury, Tenn. and Huntsville, Ala.
- Community banking is the cornerstone of FirstBank’s operations and has been its philosophy since the bank was founded in 1906 as Farmers State Bank in Scotts Hill.
- FirstBank strives to improve the quality of life for those who live in the communities it serves, with an emphasis on education through involvement in local schools and the Ayers Foundation Scholarship Program.
- The FirstBank team, with more than 1,000 associates, has both branch and mortgage locations throughout West, Middle & East Tennessee, as well as, North Alabama and North Georgia. The FirstBank footprint also includes mortgage offices in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and South Carolina.
- FirstBank has been recognized as one of Tennessee’s best employers by Business Tennessee magazine, the Tennessee Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the Tennessee Society for Human Resource Management.
- FirstBank is in the top 5 percent of all U.S. banks based on assets. FirstBank, which has more than $2.9 billion in total assets, has quietly moved into the top 15 banks in the Middle Tennessee area based on deposit share.
- FB Financial Corporation is the holding company for FirstBank while FirstBank Investment Partners and FirstBankMortgage Partners are divisions of FirstBank.