FirstBank Reports Record Quarter and Year-To-Date 2016 Earnings
Second Quarter Net Income of $16.3 Million Up 41.7 Percent Over Second Quarter 2015
Year-to-Date 2016 Net Income of $31.2 Million Up 33.9 Percent Over First Half 2015
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (July 29, 2016) – FirstBank reported net income of $16.3 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2016, a 41.7 percent increase over net income of $11.5 million for the second quarter of 2015. Net income was $31.2 million for the six months ended June 30, 2016, compared to $23.3 million for the first half of 2015.
“FirstBank is continuing to benefit from a well-executed growth strategy. Our teammates are keeping their eyes on the fundamentals and looking for new opportunities to bring our products and services to more customers across our footprint,” said FirstBank CEO and President Chris Holmes.
Highlights from the second quarter and year-to-date 2016 results:
- Total revenues for the quarter ended June 30, 2016, were $62.2 million, up 42.6 percent from $43.6 million for the comparable 2015 quarter, while total revenues for the first half of 2016 totaled $116.9 million compared to $85.0 million for the first half of 2015, up 37.5 percent.
- Net interest income was $29.5 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2016, up 30.0 percent from $22.7 million for the comparable 2015 quarter, and was $55.7 million for the first half of 2016 compared to $44.8 million for the first half of 2015. Net interest margin (NIM) increased 10 basis point to 4.11 percent for the first half of 2016, from 4.01 percent for the first half of 2015.
- Noninterest income was $32.8 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2016, up 44.5 percent from $20.8 million for the comparable 2015 quarter, while noninterest income for the first half of 2016 was $61.2 million compared to $40.2 for the first half of 2015, up 52.2 percent.
- Loans held for investment were $1.75 billion at June 30, 2016, up $242.7 million, or 16.1 percent, from $1.45 billion at June 30, 2015.
- FirstBank Mortgage Partners originated $1.76 billion in mortgage loans during the first half of 2016, up from the $1.28 billion originated in the first half of 2015, helping thousands of families achieve their homeownership dreams.
- Customer deposits totaled $2.53 billion at June 30, 2016, up $500.0 million, or 24.7 percent, from $2.03 billion at June 30, 2015. Noninterest-bearing deposits increased to $693.5 million at June 30, 2016, from $512.9 million at June 30, 2015, or 35.2 percent. Total deposit costs for the first half of 2016 were 28 basis points, compared to 31 basis points for the first half of 2015.
- Nonperforming assets as a percentage of total assets continued to decrease, to 0.78 percent at June 30, 2016, from 0.86 percent at Dec. 31, 2015.
- Operating efficiency ratio, excluding certain non-operating items, was 69.78 percent for the first half of 2016, compared to 71.63 percent for the first half of 2015.
- Capital position remained strong at June 30, 2016, with a total risk-based capital ratio of 10.9 percent, which is above the well-capitalized threshold of 10 percent.
“The entire FirstBank team understands that our success depends on providing customers with the best service possible and helping meet their needs with trust, reliability and innovation,” Holmes said. “I am proud of the hard work and dedication of our management team and all of our associates in making that happen.”
Join us on our Facebook page for our FirstBank Fan Fridays Gameday TV Giveaway and enter daily Oct 13 – Dec 4 for a chance to win a 32 Inch Smart TV to watch your favorite games on this Fall. We’re drawing on Fridays starting Oct 16! No purchase necessary. See rules for details.