SHOP WITH THE CONFIDENCE OF A GREAT BANK IN YOUR WALLET
We don’t just issue bank cards. We improved them.
With our FirstRewards checking account, you’ll get a FirstBank Debit Card with no out-of-network ATM fees. And, FirstBank’s Platinum and World Series Credit Cards let you rack up the rewards, giving you access to much more than cash withdrawals.
Now you can feel secure knowing the only thing swiped is your card.
Don’t forget your FirstBank Debit Card! Whether going on vacation with your family or on a grocery run, you can access your personal banking account anywhere the Visa® logo is displayed. As a FirstBank cardholder, we want you to have confidence every time you swipe, insert or tap your debit card. That’s why as soon as your new debit card is activated, you are automatically enrolled in FirstBank’s 24/7 Debit Card Fraud Alerts service.
As you use your debit card, our fraud monitoring software learns your tendencies. If our system detects unusual activity on your account at any time your debit card is used, we will send you a text message to your mobile device, an email or call the number we have on file to have you either validate the transaction or report the transaction as fraud. These notifications will include a Case Reference Number that you must use if you respond to the alert by contacting the Call Center. If the transaction is legitimate, a confirmation will allow you to continue using your debit card with no interruptions. If you tell us that the transaction is fraudulent, we will immediately block your debit card to prevent any other fraudulent charges from hitting your account.
FirstBank Fraud Alerts are quick and easy, and are always free as a part of your cardholder benefits. All that we ask is that you keep your contact information up to date, so that we can reach you if we ever need to. To ensure that you receive alerts when we see suspicious activity, please log in to Online Banking or your FirstBank mobile app and update your phone and email information.
Need a new debit card? Now with instant issue there’s no need to wait!
Now you can walk into a local FirstBank branch and walk out with a new Visa® Debit Card during the same visit. If you misplace your card, experience fraud or need to replace your debit card for any reason, come by and we’ll print you a new card on the spot. It’s just another way you get more when you bank local. Instant Issue is available at designated FirstBank branches >
FAQs About Debit Card Fraud Alerts
FirstBank Debit Card Fraud Alerts are a 24/7 monitoring service provided free of charge to all FirstBank debit card holders and implemented as soon as you activate your debit card.
If there is no response to the fraud alerts, and the suspected activity was identified as high risk, your debit card will stay blocked until we hear from you.
It’s important to respond to all fraud alerts even if the activity is non-fraudulent. Your responses help us to better detect future suspicious activity and block actual fraud attempts.
These are a few activities that may cause a block on your debit card:
- Making purchases in a strange place
- Making unusually large purchases
- Spending big on a brand new card
- Forgetting to update personal information
- Buying luxury items that are irresistible to thieves
- Making a small purchase followed by a large purchase
- Any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world
With just a few steps, you can help stop fraudulent activity in its tracks.
- In addition to Fraud Alerts which you will receive automatically when you activate your new debit card, you can also download the FirstBank mobile app to set your debit card usage preferences, and establish real-time account alerts. With these additional alerts, you can be notified whenever your debit card is used. Go here to learn more about account alerts >
- Check your FirstBank account history frequently using the FirstBank Digital Banking app and notify us if you see anything suspicious.
- When shopping online, only use secure websites that start with https://.
- Contact us before traveling overseas, and let us know where and when you are going so we can ensure uninterrupted debit card usage while still providing the best fraud protection.
- Most importantly, keep your contact information up to date with current cell phone, home phone, email address and mailing address so we can notify you in the event of suspicious activity.
We have already included you in these enhanced services as part of our fraud protection services if we have an up to date cell phone number and email address on file.
Choose the credit card that’s right for you and apply online.
FirstBank offers a variety of consumer credit cards with no or low annual fees, competitive rates, balance transfer offers, zero foreign transaction fees and rewards that earn points or cash back with our Platinum Payback, Platinum Preferred and World or World Elite Mastercard® credit cards.
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. There is no cost to use fraud alerts, but standard carrier fees for text messaging may apply. Please check with your wireless carrier if you aren’t sure what fees apply when you send and receive text messages.
FirstBank has helped customers build momentum for over a century, with more access, answers and the latest products and services. Click on the link below to get all the good news on FirstBank’s financial strength, and how our local banking model helps fuel your future. We keep going strong by banking on your strengths to help our communities go far.